Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

What an Amazing day.....

Today was amazing!! I first went to lunch with some other China adoptee mom's (they are all BTDT).  They are so full of information, it's so nice to have them to answer my thousands of questions.   Two of them brought there little ones, which makes it all the better, to see these beautiful faces that are loved and thriving.  It really brings this all to reality.  Olivia isn't just a picture or a thought, she's a living, breathing, child who doesn't deserve to be an orphan.  Luckily she won't be much longer.  However there are still many more orphans in this world.  So if any of you have an itch ot just a little "what if" thought for adoption, let me know (wink,wink) I know some amazing people that can get you going!
As we were leaving lunch I checked my email and had one from our agency that said our Travel Approval was mailed from China Tuesday 1/8 (China time, so really Monday night, our time) and should be to the adoption agency by Friday!!!! So I asked if we could get our Consulate Appointment (CA) for the last week of January, could we leave next week, and she replied with YES, if there are any CAs available for that week, we can go!!!  BTW the CA is one of the last things we do in China, but is what the entire trip is planned around.  It is at the US Embassy and makes the adoption official on the American side, so that Olivia Kate will be a U.S. citizen when the plane lands in America.
 So we will hopefully be leaving Wednesday 1/16!!!  And will get Olivia on either Sunday 1/20 or Monday 1/21!!! If there are not any available that week, we will leave the next Wednesday 1/23.  I'm not exactly sure when we will find this out, possibly tomorrow, maybe this weekend. So I guess I better be ready..... :-)

Then tonight I was given a shower at work by my dear friends.  It was AMAZING to say the least!  I can't begin to explain how apreciative I am to everyone for all their support and love for us.   I must say I work with the most wonderful people, I am so thankful for this!  We truely have such a great team on our unit, how many people can say they work with good friends.  I can't wait to tell Olivia about how many people supported us and helped us get her home.

 
 
These four girls above are absolutely AMAZING!  They did an amazing job on the shower with all kinds of Chinese details.  They have been such a wonderful support for me through out this process.  If you remember I posted a while back about them having a bake sale for us, I was again AMAZED tonight at the amount of money they raised for us.  They worked so hard and cooked 40 pumpkin rolls and endless cookies, muffins, and breads.  I hope one day, I can show them the same support and love they have shown us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment