Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Thursday, January 17, 2013

We're here!!!!

We're in Beijing! It's 9:45pm here, so I guess everyone back home is just starting their day. I'm really bummed because I couldn't call the kids before school, it's crazy to think we haven't talked to them in 24 hours, and in that 24 hours we were in airports and airplanes. The 14 hr flight wasn't too bad. We each had our own tv, so we watched lots of movies. It wasn't the most comfortable 14 hrs of my life, but it's over and we made it here and that is all that matters!
It's so cool to finally be in the same country as Olivia. For so long we have been a half a world away from her and now we are only hours from her!!
The pollution here is pretty bad, my eyes and nose have been burning since we landed and I can't stop coughing. It looks very foggy, but there is a strong burning like smell and our guide said this "fog" is very normal. She did say we are lucky we didn't come two days ago, the smog was so bad they couldn't see in front of them......yuck!
More tomorrow, we're going to the Great Wall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment