Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My birthday...

So today is my birthday.  After Olivia's therapy, which again her therapist was pretty impressed with how well she does walking(!), we went to get some yummy Chinese food in Chinatown. :-). We were going to get some cake and try a moon pie at the pastry shop after lunch, but I didn't have any cash (many places here don't take cards, which I never can remember), so we went to Target instead.:-). I must admit I have felt a little lonely today not being surrounded by the rest of my favorite people.  I did talk with them numerous times today, so that was nice and it warmed my heart when the kids sang Happy Birthday to me over the phone.:-) Don't get me wrong this is a special time for Olivia and I, and I am very thankful to have this time with her, but I can still miss the others.  

As I was feeling a little homesick this evening I saw this video on Facebook....
And then this one.....

Oh how my heart breaks for these kids, for all of the children in this world who have no family.  God was reminding me of what I have and miss, yes.  But He also is reminding me that His heart breaks for them as well.  He loves these children more than I could ever imagine and he wants us, ALL of us, to do something to help these kids.  In his name we have to fight for them.  I just can't imagine the feeling of complete despair that so many children live with every day. 
I pray....God, PLEASE help me help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment