Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Physical therapy......

Olivia and I came up to Philly yesterday for a week of physical therapy.  Originally, the plan was to see the dr yesterday (Monday) and have PT all week then go home Friday.  Well, the dr ended up being out of town this week so they said I could still come up and do PT all week, stay through the weekend, and see the dr on the following Monday, or we could reschedule for October.  Since I had already gotten off work and planned for this week, not to mention the fact that I had already pushed this week back about a month more than when the dr wanted us to come, I decided it probably wouldn't be best to wait any longer.  So we're here, and I must admit I have somewhat dreaded this trip, Philly is not my favorite city.  However, we got into the Ronald McDonald House that I prefer, only because its closest to Shriners and has a tv in the rooms.  There's something about being in a strange place and no tv that makes me on edge, I like the noise at night.  What can I say, I'm use to a lot of noise....LOL.  Olivia has met another little girl with AMC here who is also 3, adopted, and just adorable.  They have had so much fun playing together. tonight after dinner Olivia said "Mommy, my friend" and pointed to the little girl as they were playing together.  So sweet!!! 


We had her first PT session today, they really just assessed her and got a baseline for her ROM, they seemed pretty pleased with most, she isn't able to flex her feet so that will be something we will have to work on, or she will have a hard time walking one day without braces.  Olivia did great, much better than I expected.  When we drove into the parking garage she turned her lip down and started whining.  I said "we're not getting casts, you're going to walk" and she said "Walk? No casts?" With a big smile......after that she was happy as can be.  Talking and singing during therapy, being cute, like always! 
Speaking of happy, over the past few days she will say "Mommy, I happy". It just melts my heart, I'll say "I'm so happy you're happy" and she just smiles the biggest smile!  
Tonight she was laying in bed and I leaned in to kiss her forehead and laid my hand on her chest, hugging my hand she said "My mommy." I know I've told many of you how she says "mine" for everything lately.  However most of the time when she says "my mommy" it's more of a question or a game she's playing with others (including her siblings) rather than a statement.  Tonight it was nothing but an assuring, absolute, this is "my Mommy."  Oh how thankful I am to have another daughter.  I get to love on her the rest of my life and will always be HER mommy! 

1 comment:

  1. SO so sweet!! I bet her mommy even teared up on that one :) I can't think of a better mommy for that sweet baby. Sacrifice after sacrifice you have given for that little one to one day walk independently. I can't wait to see that day!!!!

    ReplyDelete