Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Leaving her for the first time......

Our kids school has a yearly fundraising auction, it's a wonderful and fun way to raise money for their school, rather than door to door selling, which I absolutely HATE!  Well we weren't going to go this year, as everyone knows, adoption is expensive, and while I am getting paid on "maternity leave" my checks are drastically less than normal.  So we are having to watch every penny until I go back to work.  Last minute, some wonderful friends had 2 tickets come open and offered them to us.  My mom said she would watch the kids, so we thought it would be fun and nice to have some adult time.  I was worried about leaving Olivia, but two nights prior, I had to run Chase around between youth group and baseball and Mike had a meeting, so my Mom stayed with the others because it was going to be after 9 before we got home. Olivia did fine, she didn't blink at the fact we were gone and my mom was here. So I thought she would be fine last night.  I still had this enormous amount of guilt that she would get the feeling we weren't coming back, just like when she was left with us by her Nanny.  Before we left she was tired and a little clingy, so I was loving on her then tried to distract her with watermelon (her favorite food).  It worked, she sat in the high chair, ate her water melon and kissed me goodbye.  Well, about 9:00 (a couple hours later) I got a phone call from Taylor telling me Olivia was crying and she wouldn't stop.  My mom got on the phone and said she had just started and she was trying to calm her down and Taylor took it upon himself to call us.  I talked to Olivia and I could hear her crying but she seemed to calm down hearing my voice.  Don't worry, I had already decided we needed to get home, Ella got on the phone and I told her we would be leaving soon to come home.  As soon as I hung up, Taylor called me again.  "Mom, you need to come home RIGHT NOW! She is crying a lot, she's really sad, and really cute, you have to come home!" (Adorable that boy......) I explained to him we were and so we left.  When we got home she was fine, laughing and playing, of course.  Mom said she had been fine until she got tired.  So it's a good thing we left because it probably would have happened again.  In fact I went up to change into my pajamas and came back down to her crying because Mike was trying to get her to settle and go to sleep, she just wanted her mommy!
 Anyway, I wanted to remember this first because I found it SO cute that Taylor was so worried about his baby sister. 
 
It's hard to believe we have been home one month today. 
She is still doing so well. 
Everyone comments on how relaxed and happy she is, most can't believe we've only been home a month.  They say she acts like she's always been ours. 
 







 
I agree, it feels like she has always been ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment