Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Monday, November 12, 2012

Yard Sale Fundraiser

This past Saturday we had a multi-family yard sale at our church to raise money for the adoption.  It was AMAZING to say the least.  We had enough stuff donated that we could have opened a consignment store.  We are so greatful for all the support everyone has shown.  People not only donated items but many people also donated there time.  Lots of time.  We spent all last week organizing the many, many things we had, and the fact that people graciously gave up there time to help us, brings tears to my eyes.  Sorry, not trying to be dramatic, but it's true.  Saturday people spent several hours with us, setting up, selling, and taking the left overs to Goodwill.  Good friends and people we have never even met.  I wish I could show just how thankful we are for all the help we had, yes I told them and will tell them again, but it doesn't seem like enough.   I wish I could buy them all a day at the spa or a vacation. I will also say that God is good!  We all know everything He does is for a reason, 7 years ago when we walked in to our church for the first time and I had a sudden peace that this was where we belonged, I didn't know why then, but many times I have been shown.  He is faithful and He loves us and even more He loves our daughter and will make sure she comes home!
Oh, and she finally has a name!!! Olivia Kate Yuning.  :-)  Friday I had to send out some documents, yes more paperwork (I have decided it is NEVERENDING), and we had to put her name on the visa application.  Well lets just Mike and I racked up some minutes on our phones in about 3 hours.  We were back and forth all morning.  Finally I said it's Sarah Kate, and he said he REALLY didn't want to name her Sarah, so I compromised with Olivia Kate. 
I have to admit, I love it!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment