Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Different things on my mind......and our Yard Sale.

So we thought we were going to name our daughter
 Sarah Kate, however it just never really clicked with me, then last week Mike said he wasn't sure he still wanted to use that name, he likes "Olivia".  However, now I can't move on from "Sarah Kate" I have been referring to her as Sarah Kate this entire time, and now I am not sure that I can change.  And like I said before it never really clicked, I had some reservation about it, but now I am having a hard time with changing it......
I may not have the pregnancy hormones running around, but I do act and feel like I do, ha. 
So as for now, she doesn't have an American name.  I think that may be part of the problem. She has a Chinese name and her file had an American name, so it is hard to look at this little person who has a name and think of another one.  We shall see how this ends.......
obviousley she has to have a name. 
 
We have decided that the kids probably will not go with us to China (insert sigh). I don't know how I'm going to leave them for 2 weeks and be half-way around the world, but I do know God will take care of them. 
I can write excuse after excuse, but the bottom line is money......(insert another sigh). God continues to provide for this adoption.  After my "freak out" over the whole financial part of this adoption, God gave me an overwhelming feeling of calmness, that it would all work out.  And it has.  We will only need to have 1 maybe 2 fundraisers to help with some of the cost.  However to take the kids, we would be adding another $6-8K to the cost of traveling.  That would be a lot of fundraising, that I don't think is possible.  But again, God does provide, so if it His plan for the kids to go, than I know He will make it possible. 
 
Speaking of fundraising, we are having a Yard Sale at our church.  Have I mentioned just how wonderful our church family is?  They are amazing! We have felt an ENORMOUS amount of support from them since Day 1 of this adoption journey. 
We will be having a multi-family yard sale on
 
Saturday, November 10. 
 
So if you have any items you would like to donate or some money burning a whole in your pocket, this is the perfect way to get rid of both!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie -- We do have some things! Doug was telling me the other day that WE need to do a yard sale to clear out, but I don't want the hassle or have the time to organize it! Where and when can we drop some stuff off? We have a sofa we just moved out of our kitchen - it's nothing great, but may bring a few $$.

    ReplyDelete