Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Monday, October 8, 2012

Family time.....

This weekend was so nice.....we had a great family trip to the mountains. Mike has school 3 nights out of the week and I work 3 other nights out of the week, so we don't have much family time right now. The one night we are all home, usually consists of some type of ball practice or game. Well this past weekend I was off, so we decided to let the kids miss their games and have a nice relaxing weekend as a family. It was perfect. We drove up to my mom's cabin on Friday, went to an apple farm Saturday and then went to my brother's that night to spend some time with them and watch the Georgia game.....(not quite the game we were expecting). They live about an hour away, so we don't get to see them very often. We got home Saturday night and were able to attend church Sunday as a family, without me struggling to stay awake from working the night before. It was exactly what we needed. I am so thankful for these moments!

There were a lot of Asian children at the apple farm, or maybe it was because we were surprised to see such diversity in the GA mountains, however I couldn't stop staring. I know, we always teach our children not to stare, but I just kept seeing them and thinking about Sarah Kate. Oh, how I wish she were here to enjoy these times with us. I know she will be soon, I know God is planning the perfect time for us to meet but I still miss her.
 













I also kept seeing pregnant women.  I see pregnant women ALL the time, thanks to where I work, but it is so different when I see them out, rather than in a bed laboring.  I kept thinking awww, they're pregnant, then I thought, hey I'm expecting!  The paper pregnancy can be great, there's no weight gain, no stretch marks, no morning sickness, no hormonal changes, yet still tons of crazy emotions.......  However, I don't look pregnant, so most people don't know we're "expecting", I don't feel her moving inside of me, telling me she's ok, I don't have her with me 24/7.  I only have faith, faith that God is protecting her, as I would be if I were pregnant. We have a picture from a year ago and we (very thankfully) have a 20 second video of her.  She on the other hand has NO clue as to who we are, I pray daily God will prepare her heart for us, so that she will have some kind of comfort in us.
 Sarah Kate, I hope you ALWAYS know that you were loved and wanted long before we ever met!


Today the kids were stuck inside all day, they were off for Columbus Day, while I rested after working last night.  About 4:00 I had them get dressed, yes they were still in their pajamas, and we went to get a pumpkin. It was short and sweet but atleast they could get some fresh air.  If you know our kids, you know they are FULL of energy, the longer they stay inside the more energy they have.  How I wish they could share some with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment