Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Monday, August 20, 2012

Whitehouse craziness....

I forgot to update after we found the dog.  He was hiding in my closet for about 8 or 9 hours on a box under some hanging dresses.  A few days later he got out of the fence and I found him under the grill about 14 hours later.  What a crazy dog.  He was very sweet, but there is no way we can handle 3 dogs and 3 almost 4 kids.  So this past weekend, Mike took him to a lady who foster's chihuahua mix puppies. 


We did have somewhat of an eventful week last week.  It was the kids first week of school.  Chase started 6th grade, Ella is now in 2nd grade, and Taylor is a now a kindergartener...:-(  They are growing so fast.  It is very nice however that they are all together at the same school, FINALLY!!! I cannot express how happy I am with this.  The past 2 years they have all been spread out so to finally have them together is just wonderful.  They had a great start.  Taylor only goes Mon, Wed, and Fri, so he is home with me on Tues and Thurs.  I am really excited about this as well.  We will have time to spend together and we will be doing a little homeschooling on those days.  He was sick this past Thursday, but we still had a good day and got some school work done. 
Chase started baseball practice last week, and Ella is playing softball for the first time which also started last week.  Taylor is playing soccer but that does not start until next week. 




Another thing that happened last week was our dog, Georgia, whom we gave to my mom when Taylor was a baby, died last week.  She has been sick for about a month and after many tests they found masses in her chest and abdomen, so mom had her put to sleep.  She was just miserable the past few weeks, so we know she is much better off now.  They did an autopsy and found she had pancreatic cancer.  Mike and I were doing ok that day after mom called us and told us what was going on, we had said our good byes the day before.  I couldn't figure out when the perfect (if there could be) time to tell the kids.  They have grown up with this dog.  So after practices and dinner I gently broke the news.  It was worse than I could have ever expected.  They were heart broken!  After about an hour and a half of constant crying, by all 3, and Ella and Taylor competeing for loudness, we all got into our bed and they fell asleep.  It was just pitiful.  They have never lost anything or anyone they were very close to, so this was their first experience with death.  I pray they don't have to experience this hurt and pain again for a very long time.

Tonight, starts the beginning of the Whitehouse Craziness, as if it wasn't already.  Mike starts school tonight.  Last semester was a little hectic but we made it.  Thankfully, my Mom is willing to help me with getting 3 kids in 3 different places all at the same time.  So pray for us!

One other prayer request, please continue to pray for our adoption journey.  We are waiting on our
I-800a approval (from Immigrations), which will hopefully come this week.  I had mailed in everything, so I thought, from my list of what to send them.  Well, last week I got a letter in the mail stating we needed to submit our Marriage certificate, how did I forget that???
I had it overnighted and spoke with our officer who said once she got it, we should be approved.  So, hopefully it will come this week....One more thing to slow us down. 
I just keep reminding myself that this is God's plan, not mine, and it is happeneing the way He wants it to, all in His perfect timing.


No comments:

Post a Comment