Hebrews 10:23- "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Monday, April 23, 2012

I love this!!!
We finished our homestudy about 2 weeks ago, so we are just waiting on it to be completed and approved.....I continue to try and have patience with this and know it is all in God's hands, but I am so anxious and ready to meet her, or atleast see her picture. 
We will be very busy this summer with baseball.  Chase made Allstars!! He is so excited! He has been working so hard and doing so good this season, pitching, catching, and hitting.  I love watching the three of them play sports.  Since we have started this process a lot of things have become more apparent to me.  For instance orphans probably don't get to play sports on a team, they probably no nothing about organized sports, and even more they don't have parents cheering them on, with anything they do or accomplish.  I find myself thinking of these things often.  Last week while we were in Las Vegas for a nursing conference I walked around these beautiful hotels and watched Cirque de Soleil and ate WAY too much food and thought how the orphans have probably never even been in a crowd or seen many things outside the orphanage walls.  We ate at Maggiano's, Yummy, However, I felt SO guilty.  We had ordered more food than any of us could eat, how could we just throw it all away, so we packed it all up (there were 6 to go boxes packed full of food) and passed it out to the homeless.  As greatful as I am for my life and where we live and all that we have, I am constantly realizing how much we don't need and how the things we think are neccesary, really aren't.  These kids need nothing more than love, forever love and they deserve that.  I mean can you imagine growing up without your parents, without a family, without a home?  I can't and if I can help just one to have a forever family than that's one less orphan out there. 

1 comment:

  1. You are so right! It's amazing how when God opens our eyes, we see things that we have never seen before! I'm so happy to be able to follow your journey :)

    ReplyDelete